Our Home

Here are some photos of our home, an 1880's farmstead called Klumb House after its founders, Phillip and Augusta Klumb. It is a designated historic site in the City of Mequon occupying nearly 9 acres, on which can be found several buildings, actively farmed land, and areas being returned to nature.

Phillip Klumb House, built in 1881

Mequon Historic Landmark sign, indicating ours is the Phillip Klumb House, built in 1881.

The office/studio, the summer kitchen and the house.

Three of our buildings (left to right) are the office/studio, the summer kitchen and the house.

Shiloh in front of the circa 1850's summer kitchen

Shiloh in front of the circa 1850's summer kitchen, or what we now call the "spa haus".

A mulberry tree overhangs the "little nature trail"

A mulberry tree overhangs the "little nature trail" in late summer.

Wild asters bloom in the meadow.

Wild asters bloom in the meadow on a sunny day.

The remains of the old barn foundation.

The remains of the old barn foundation in a field of snow.

The morning sun shines through the front-yard trees.

The morning sun shines through the front-yard trees.

The corn field glows just after the harvest.

The corn field glows in early autumn light just after the harvest.